Open Water SCUBA Diving Course
Start your open water diver journey today!!!
Getting SCUBA certified is as easy as 1,2,3!
1. You will begin the eLearning process online with a PC, mobile device, or tablet.
2. The next step will be to complete your 4 in-water skill-development training. This takes place in a swimming pool or similar body of confined water, under the supervision of an SDI Instructor.
3. The final step is to complete the required number of SDI open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor. Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions, while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.
Once you have successfully completed the above requirements you will be able to dive up to depths of 60 feet and will be able to continue your diving experiences with other specialties such as Advanced Adventure diver!! Ask your Instructor for more information.
Who is this course for?
- Persons desiring to obtain an Open Water Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- If you are age 10-14 you can sign up for the Junior Open Water Diver Course with parental consent
What can you expect to learn?
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
Tentative Course Schedule (times may change as needed):
Scuba diving certification is a flexible and performance-based course:
*Upon signing up, you will receive an eLearning code with instructions and the eLearning needs to be completed in full before the open water dives.*
Friday - 4:30pm - 8:30pm - Confined water skills in pool. Includes Seafood Boil post instruction (Boil not included if Instructor is working with you on a different schedule than the rest of the class).
Saturday - Time TBD after the Friday class: Confined-water skills and/or open-water dives in open water or pool – tidal/weather dependent
Sunday - Time TBD after the Saturday class: Complete all open-water to complete certification, tidal/weather dependent
**Our goal is to have you certified by day 3, however, there are no guarantees as we are dealing with mother nature and human conditions. Illness or the inability to perform the necessary skills may delay certification. If we cannot for any reason complete the certification during the 3-day timeframe, we will continue the certification process at a later date. Certification is pending completion of the confined water skills, open water skills and eLearning.**
**You must have your own mask/snorkel and fins**
**Price does not include any extra diving fees**
*Dates, times, and locations may vary depending on conditions/class size.
There are no refunds, instead we makeup the diving
depending on conditions and our calendar availability.