DiveQuest Adventures Discovery SCUBA Camp
Ages 10 and Up, Families, Private Groups and Public Groups
(Some exclusions and flexibility apply... just please be a strong swimmer.)
Time for some serious fun! Get you and your friends together and learn all about SCUBA from our SDI Certified Instructors! We will spend 5 days safely learning the science and skills of diving so campers become confident and comfortable in the water in a fun environment.
Campers also have the option to earn their SDI Open Water Diver certification for an additional fee listed below. This will include all Online Education Materials and Required Dives.
Included in DiveQuest SCUBA Camp:
- SDI Certified Instructor
- Use of Regulator, BCD, Tanks, & Weights
- And Lot's of fun!
Because diving is serious business, achieving the optional SDI Open Water Diver Certification requires some additional instruction and two additional days of diving. With this add on, campers receive:
- the complete SDI Open Water Diver eLearning online course
- confined water pool sessions
- four open water dives that will complete the requirements for the course
- SDI Open Water Diver Certification upon successful completion of the requirements
All students must provide:
- Mask, snorkel and fins
- Bathing Suit & Towel
- Dry Change of Clothes
Camp Hours: Monday through Friday 4 hours per day. Times vary due to conditions.
Location: Private or Local Commercial Pool ( You shall be notified upon registration )
For more information about DiveQuest SCUBA Camp, contact us at 910-338-9601 or DiveQuestAdventures@gmail.com
**(Schedule subject to change)
- Use of Mask/Snorkel and Fins
- Underwater Communications
- Snorkel Skills
- Snorkel games in the water
- Assign scuba gear & identify the components
- Science Lesson: Adapting to the Underwater World (Vision, Sound, Light, Heat loss)
- Learn to set up the Scuba unit
- Diving with a buddy
- Learn how to breath underwater with Scuba gear
- Scuba skills
- Practice buoyancy underwater with games
- Science Lesson: Breathing Under Pressure: Physics
- Learn how to use a compass underwater
- Compass course underwater
- Scuba skills
- Learn about safety stops and why they are important.
- Science Lesson: Breathing Under Pressure: Physiology
- Scuba rescue skills
- Buoyancy practice/games
- Science Lesson: Diving Around the World and Types of Diving
- Search and recovery skills
- Games and scuba practice
- Science Lesson: Dive Planning
- Camp Graduation
There are no refunds, instead we try to makeup camps/diving.
Make-up camps are not a guarantee because of weather, pool availability,
illness and scheduling but we do our best to try.