07-Veteran GI Bill SDI Instructor Trainer Package
Veteran GI Bill SDI Instructor Trainer
SDI Instructor Trainer
Must be an SDI Course Director
GETTING STARTED IS EASY
SIGN UP FOR A PROGRAM
Register and pay for the program of your choice with DiveQuest Adventures.
SUBMIT VA FORM 22-0803
Complete the pre-filled VA Form 22-0803 linked below and upload to the VA website or mail to your regional VA processing office for reimbursement.
You must have your proof of purchase / receipt.
EARN YOUR CERTS AND LICENSES
Whether your goal is to become a diver, grow your skills, or to start teaching diving to others, our programs will give you the knowledge you need to succeed.
ABOUT THE COURSE...
SDI INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
The Instructor Trainer Workshop is an intense eight day course that includes academic, pool, and open water sessions. The SDI Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW), trains candidates as full evaluators, to conduct the SDI Instructor Evaluation Course (IEC) independently. A corresponding, current instructor level rating must be held for all IT levels, along with minimum student certifications as detailed in this outline. During this course, you will spend 8 days working directly with the headquarters staff presenting and evaluating various subjects such as: methods of instruction, dive leader risk management, the business of scuba diving, as well as teaching SDI, TDI, and ERDI instructor level courses. You will also present and evaluate in-water presentations and skills, participate in class discussions, take the ITW final written exam, and more!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for individuals that wish to be qualified to certify others as SDI Open Water Scuba Diving Instructors
- Minimum age 21
- Provide proof of 300 logged dives
- Be an active SDI Course Director and have conducted a minimum of 1 instructor development course (IDC)
- Be an active SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor who has assisted with 1 complete instructor development course (IDC)
- Have issued a minimum of 200 SDI Diver certifications at various levels, or equivalent, suggested levels as define below:
- 150 open water scuba diver
- 20 rescue diver
- 25 specialty diver
- 5 divemaster or assistant instructor
*A minimum of 50 of the required student certifications must be SDI unless authorized in writing by SDI Training Department prior to course commencement
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider, where local law permits
- Have a current medical examination for scuba diving signed by a licensed physician
What you can expect to learn:
In addition to topics from the Course Director program, the following topics, in line with information detailed in the current IT manual, are required to be covered and the candidate’s comprehension and ability to convey them are required to be evaluated:
- Documentation required for Instructor/Course Director courses
- How to conduct instructor course, instructor evaluation and Course Director courses
- Regional and cultural factors, along with laws affecting dive professionals, i.e. state and country
- Diving emergency management
- Advanced learning techniques
- How headquarters determines equivalency of standards with other dive training organizations
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
In addition to the in-water and academic skills listed in the Course Director program the following must be presented:
- Present, to instructor trainer quality, a minimum of:
- One classroom presentation on the regional and/or cultural factors/laws which affect the business of scuba diving in their own region
- One classroom presentation on a subject relating to their highest SDI Specialty instructor rating held
- One classroom presentation on a subject relating to Diving Emergency Management
- Evaluate a minimum of 3 classroom presentations
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may teach and evaluate instructor level courses for all approved levels:
- Instructor Trainers may teach Staff Instructor Trainer Workshops
- Conduct administrative crossover programs for SDI Professionals
- Conduct the SDI Course Director Program (when qualified)
All Scuba equipment is included except mask/snorkel, fins/booties.
Once the certification process starts, you have 1 year to complete the program.
There are no refunds, instead, we offer make-up classes/dives.